Friday, August 24, 2012

Day 9

The end of a very good day! It was my 40th birthday today, and I complain because of the number, not because of how I feel! I feel young today, and I am thankful for the healing power of this fast, and of God. I didn't need to juice until about 1:00 in the afternoon. The fresh squeezed lemon in my water with some honey and cayenne was all I needed until then. At 1:00,  I juiced apples and carrots. The lemon water brought me through until 8 pm, and then I juiced romaine lettuce, spinach, carrots, and tomatoes. This is one of my favorite blends. I enjoyed it over ice. 
I have lost 10 lbs. which was not the intention of this fast. But I think that is a common happening for anyone juicing for 10 days. I am sure I will quickly gain it again. I start my internship on Monday at a youth residential treatment center, and my classes start on Tues. I have never felt more prepared to tackle this than I do now. Mentally, physically, and spiritually, I am stronger than when I started this. It has been worth it. Tomorrow is my last day, and I plan on enjoying the nourishment I receive from these live foods, and celebrating that I actually made it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment